.Net Runtime Optimization service ( also known as Mscorsvw.exe) is a part of Windows. This is used to optimizing the system that helps to launch the apps and programs faster. It is used widely all across the users of Windows but it has been found to consume too much of CPU resources. Sometimes the time taken in the optimization process is very long and it consumes a lot of CPU space. Many users have faced this issue recently. In case, you are one of the users having trouble with the .net runtime optimization service, you are at the right place. We have discussed in detail, every reason behind this issue and the possible solution. Go through the article in detail.
These are the fixes that you may try to get rid of this problem:
1. Enhancing the process:
If your PC is too slow and you believe the .net runtime optimization service to be a reason behind it, you can fix it by optimizing the process. All you have to do is to type the simple command in the command prompt. Follow the instructions mentioned below to do this:
- Type command prompt in the search area that is available right next to the start icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Then, a list of items related to this search will appear on the screen. Right-click on the first option Command Prompt then, select the option Run as Administrator.
- Type the command cd :\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319 then hit
- After the execution of this command is finished, type the command exe executequeueditems and press Enter.
Note: In case you are using a 32-bit Operating System, you should type cd :\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319 and then executequeueditems.
After you are done with this procedure, the problem with your .net runtime optimization service may get resolved.
2. Scan your system for Malware:
If the above fix didn’t work for you, there is a possibility that this problem is being caused by some malware infection in your PC. You can fix this issue by using anti-malware software. You can use any of the software available in the market. The steps to be followed while using those software varies. But you have to do the things mentioned below:
- Open the Anti-virus software on your PC.
- Click on the scan option(which is usually available on the home screen of that application).
- After the scan is finished, delete the infectious files that have been found in your PC.
- Once you are done with this process, restart your
Your problem must have been resolved by following this step. But, if you are unable to get rid of your problem even after trying this step, you may try the other steps mentioned below.
3. Restart the Service:
Sometimes, this issue is caused because of bugs in the .net runtime optimization service. You can fix this issue by following the steps mentioned below:
- Press Start + R keys on your keyboard.
- Then a utility box will open on your screen named as
- Type msc in the area provided.
- Look for the option NVIDIA Telemetry Container and right-click on it.
- From the context menu appearing on the screen, click on the option Properties.
- Make sure that the startup type is set to Automatic.
- If the service is started, stop it and then start it again. (You can check them by looking just below the Message Service Status)
There have been many users who have received an error message when they tried to start the service. Those users are advised to follow the instructions mentioned below:
- After you have entered the properties section by following the steps mentioned above, click on the Log On
- Then, click on the button named browse.
- Type your account name in the box (that is under the option Enter the object name to select).
- Click on Check Names.
- After your name becomes available on the screen, click on OK.
- Then you will be asked to enter the password of your account.
After completion of this process, restart your PC. Then you will find your issue to be resolved. If your problem still persists, you can try the other options given below.
4. Perform Clean Boot on your PC:
If any of the above solutions didn’t solve your problem you should try this last fix. Your problem may be occurring because of some third-party applications in your PC. Follow the steps mentioned below to clean boot your PC:
- Press Start + R on your PC.
- In the dialogue box type msconfig and click on OK.
- Then, System Configuration Window will open on the screen, click on the Services
- Check the box available before the option Hide All Microsoft Services and then click on Disable All.
- Then, click on Apply and OK.
After you have completed the steps mentioned above, follow the steps mentioned below before rebooting your PC:
- Open the System Configuration by following the steps mentioned above.
- Open on the startup tab and open Task Manager from there.
- Here, look for the option Startup Impact. Disable all the tasks that have High Impact. (you can disable them by right-clicking on the option and then clicking on Disable from the context menu).
After you have finished this process, reboot your PC.
We have discussed every possible way to solve your issue with .net optimization service. But, if you are facing the issue after trying all the steps mentioned above, you may contact us anytime through our website and the other contact details provided below. We have a team of experts to solve all your issues related to PCs and phone.