An antivirus is a software with a set of programs that prevent, search and detect any viruses and dangerous software. Make sure that you install a latest version as it is not possible to leave your system without an antivirus. If you are not using antivirus on your computer, you have chances of getting virus infection within minutes. Antivirus companies constantly update their tools in order to fight latest malware and virus attacks. Among various anti-virus services available, avast is one of the most popular anti-virus. You can easily install antivirus on your system and also easily uninstall it. In this article we will discuss about how to uninstall Avast windows 10.
Functions of an Antivirus:
- It Scan particular directories or files for any sort of malware and virus.
- Automatic scans can be scheduled.
- A particular file or your computer, your pen drive, flash drive or CD drive can be scanned very easily.
- It helps you to know the health of your computer
- A good antivirus removes any dangerous code
- Always make sure that your antivirus is up-to-date. Therefore, your machine is protected is protected in best possible manner.
Uninstall Avast Antivirus for Windows 10
If you are using Avast from long and it is not working sufficiently on your Windows 10, then you need to reinstall it. When people upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, may find it difficult to uninstall Avast antivirus in the new version of Windows. Here we are going to discuss some easy ways to uninstall Avast Windows 10.
Steps to uninstall Avast Antivirus manually:
- Open Task manager and end the Avast Process.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc ( for Windows 10) to launch the Task Manager
- Go to the Processes tab. A list will open, from there locate Avast process
- Click on End Task
Remove the tool from Apps and Features
- Press Windows key + I and select Apps.
- The Apps & Features section will open.
- Go to the Avast Free Antivirus entry and click on Uninstall.
Remove Avast and leftovers
- Right-click on File Explorer to open the View tab.
- Click on options. Open view tab on the new window.
- Check the show hidden files, folders, and drives box option.
- Press Windows key + R and type regedit. Press Enter.
- Go to Edit at the top of the screen. Select Find next.
- Type Avast and click on Find next button.
- In case there are any Avast entries left that are not deleted, remove those by youself.
- Reboot your PC
- After uninstalling the old antivirus, reinstall the updated version. Check that your PC is working fine again or not.
Avast Antivirus is a lightweight antivirus. It does not take much of your system’s space and hence it is very popular. Avast antivirus does not harm your PC at all.
For more assistance, you can take the help of customer service. Technical experts at customer support are available 24*7 and provide you remote assistance. Explain your issue related to avast and get solution instantly.