Roku streaming helps you to stream audio and video from the internet. Setting up Roku is an easy procedure. Just select your language, connect to a good internet connection or Wi-Fi and activate your device. Many times, users face Roku error code 016 while setting up Roku.
Reasons for Roku error code 016
- A slow internet connection speed.
- No internet connection at all.
- Router settings are incompatible.
- Router is slow or bad.
- There is a DNS failure.
- There is an IPS blocking.
While setting up Roku player for streaming, the device should be connected to your home network. Simply select your wireless network name and enter the correct password. Roku streaming devices having an Ethernet port, can be connected to router using an Ethernet, or wired network cable.
If you are unable to connect Roku device to your home router, then you cannot set up your device. If the network or internet connection is lost after setting up device you will not be able to launch channels.
Methods to resolve Roku error 016?
This issue is related to internet, you can solve it using some simple tricks. Follow these tricks to solve Roku error code 016:
- Check if you are able to connect other devices in your home on the Wi-Fi or not. If other devices are also not getting connected, then there may be a problem with your internet.
- Restart your internet router. Wait till it get started and try to connect the Roku once again.
- Perform a internet speed test and make sure that Roku is getting a fast speed.
If you are having Error code 016 or Local Net connection, then following may be the reasons for this error:
- You are connecting to the Roku for the first time.
- You have not entered the network wireless name correctly.
- The internet connection is lost while the channel is being launched or streaming.
- The network connection is lost with Playback.
When the connection is lost or broken, Roku error code 016 is seen. Follow below steps to check the internet connection:
- Click on the settings option.
- Go to Network.
- Go to the check connection option.
- Verify the strength of the signal and connection of your Roku device.
- Now you will get the speed of the internet after the quality check.
- If you find that the speed is slow, then you need to fix the issue.
Reboot your devices using below steps:
- Go to settings.
- Click on System.
- After unplugging the system from power source, the system will restart.
- Now Reboot the router. You can also change the settings of the streaming devices.
Make sure that you have entered the password correctly. You may do a mistake while entering your password, as the network passwords are case sensitive.
You can also improve the wireless signal strength. If your Roku device is farther from your router, the signal strength will be weak.
If still, you face any issue, take the help of customer support.