Avast is an anti-virus software used by a lot of people all around the world. Avast is appreciated because of the features that it provides for free. It works well on almost all the versions of Windows starting from Windows XP to Windows 10. Avast protects the PCs well against the virus attacks. For the users who want to get more from avast, they can opt for the paid services of avast. There are many additional features of avast that are paid and those services work even better. Recently, most of the online forums were flooding with the question regarding the ways to recover avast password. If you are one such user searching for ways to recover avast password, this article is for you. Here, we will be talking about the ways to recover avast password in detail. Go through the article carefully to solve your problem.
Steps to recover Avast password:
- Open a web browser on your PC.
- Go to the official website of
- Click on the option Can’t Access your Account.
- Then, the page will ask you to enter your email address. Enter the email address that you have registered in the avast program and then click on send.
- Check your inbox. If you have received a mail with a subject avast forgot password, then click on the option got it(that is available on the official page of avast)
- From the email that you have got from avast, click on the link Reset Password. (clicking this will take you to the password reset page)
- Now, create a new password and confirm it by entering it again in the other box.
- At last, click on set password.
- After clicking on the Set Password button, you will get the notification that your password has been changed successfully and you will be directed to your account’s page.
In the above section, we have mentioned in detail the ways to help you recover avast password. But this is not the only issue faced by the users of avast. There are several other issues that are very common among avast users. Avast not loading is one of the most common issues. If you are facing this issue, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard.
- Windows Services console will open on your screen.
- In the area provided, type msc and then click on OK.
- Once the services console is opened on your screen, click on the option Remote Desktop Services.
- Click on properties from there.
- In the general tab, click on the menu that is next to the option Startup type.
- From the list of option that appears on the screen, select on the option
- In the end, click on the button Apply.
- After you are done with this process, restart your PC and see if your avast is loading properly.
If you avast password feature enabled on your PC, you can disable it. We will be discussing two ways to uninstall Avast passwords from avast. You can try either of them based on your preference.
1. Follow the steps mentioned below to remove avast password from avast:
- Launch avast on your PC.
- Click on the Settings
- Once a list opens up on the screen, select Components from there.
- Under the section Privacy, click on the option Passwords.
- Then, click on the option Uninstall this component.
- After you are done with these steps, restart your computer.
Upon restarting your PC, you will find that avast password feature has been removed from your avast.
2. An alternate way to disable the password feature on your avast:
Follow the steps mentioned below to disable this feature on from your avast.
- Open control panel on your PC. (you can do it by typing Control Panel in the search bar that appears after clicking on the start button at the bottom-left corner of the screen).
- Select Programs from the list options.
- Then, click on Programs and Features.
- Find Avast Free Antivirus in the list and click on the change option next to avast Free Antivirus.
- Then, click on the option Modify.
- A list will appear on the screen where all the components of your Avast Antivirus will be mentioned.
- Uncheck the box before the password option to disable this
- You can disable the other features too if you want to disable the other services.
In this article, we have mentioned solutions to many problems related to various issues of avast along with how to recover avast password. These fixes must have worked for you. If you are facing some trouble with the features of avast even after trying all the fixes mentioned above, you can contact us through our website and the other contact details provided below. We have got a team of experts to solve all your issues related to PCs and phones.