YouTube is one of the biggest online platforms where you can stream video for every content like study, cooking, news, movies, songs, etc. You can also download the YouTube video to watch later, or you don’t have internet. It has millions of users around the world. In the android device, YouTube is an in-built application. You can also use YouTube on Laptop or desktop to watch videos via www.youtube.con. Some users report that they get the error message saying YouTube error 400. Read this full article to know the exact cause and solutions of it.
What is YouTube error 400:-
YouTube error 400 mainly connected with the HTTP protocol. This error code simply represents an HTTP status code that you sent to the website to watch. It occurred because it doesn’t clearly understand the meaning of what you want to say or don’t reload the page, so it shows the error message. This error occurs on the website while you are watching videos on YouTube.
Solutions to fix YouTube error 400 on Laptop or desktop:-
Here are many easy and quick solution to fix this issue. Follow the below steps carefully:
1. Refresh the page:-
You can use the F5 button from the keyboard to refresh the page and fix the YouTube error 400 issues. Basically, F5 is the command to refresh the window PC and a function key. So, simply right-click on the mouse and select Refresh option from the available options and then press the F5 key several times to refresh the window PC. Sometimes it fixes the YouTube error but makes sure there is no loss to perform this activity. Even you don’t need any technical skills to perform it. If it doesn’t fix the problem, then move to the next steps.
2. Make sure the URL is correct which you enter to watch the video:-
If you enter an incorrect URL or you click on the wrong URL that contains some malfunction files, so you also get the YouTube error 400 on your system. So, make sure that the URL format is http://www.youtube.com. After correcting the URL, again open YouTube and use this URL to check if the error has been resolved successfully.
3. Replace the Direct link of the YouTube video with the Video ID:-
You can also use Video ID instead of the direct link of the YouTube video to fix the YouTube error 400.
Let’s suppose you use the direct link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owQuOjInz54, so now use the Video ID owQuOjInz54 to watch the YouTube video without any error.
4. Remove the cookies of the YouTube:-
After removing the cookies of YouTube, you are also able to fix the YouTube error 400. But, make sure one thing that after removing cookies from the YouTube, you are logged out from the YouTube account. Follow the below steps:
- First of all, tap on the menu bar (three vertical dots) which is at the top right corner of the window.
- Now, you have to select the Settings option from the available menu options.
- Scroll down and tap on the Advanced
- Now, navigate to the Privacy and Security section and select the Content Settings
- After that, you have to tap on the cookies
- Now, select the See all cookies and site data
- After that, you will get the search box which is at the top right corner of the screen.
- Then, type YouTube in the search box and press the Enter
- Now, tap on the remove all shown option to remove the cookies.
- After that, you will get a pop-up message that confirms with you that you want to delete all cookies. So, tap on the Clear All option to confirm it.
- Now, reopen the web browser and open YouTube to check if the error has been resolved successfully.
In this blog, we discussed to fix YouTube error 400. I hope, it is helpful to you. If you have any doubts regarding this, then call to our expert’s team to resolve them. You can also send a text message or an email regarding your queries to fix them. We are here for 24*7.