As you know that Asus is a router that performs well. Sometimes users report that Asus router not working due to various reasons like ISP issue, Cable Connection issue, IP Conflict error, Mac Address cloning issue, etc. Read this full article to get instant solutions for it.
Solutions to fix Asus router not working:-
Before going for any troubleshooting steps, try this easiest to fix this issue. It is also helpful whenever your Asus router starts to blink.
- First of all, power off your Asus router and wait for a moment and turned it on again.
- Also, ensure the cable connection between your Asus router and modem. And, your modem should be connected properly from the WAN port of the user.
- The most important thing, don’t forget to check the internet connection status on your modem. For this, you have to connect your modem directly to the system and try to access the internet.
- In case, you are not able to access the internet then the problem is in ISP.
- If you still trouble with this issue then move to the next steps.
Check your cable connection of the Asus router:-
You all are well aware of the role of Ethernet cable between the Asus router and modem. It is a way to keep conversation to keep connected. If it is connected properly then you get the Asus router not working issue on your system.
If the cable is faulty then it will corrupt the connection between the Asus router and modem. As a result, you will get blinking orange light on your Asus router.
To make sure the cable is connected properly, you have to take another Ethernet cable and connect it between the Asus router and modem.
Once, you replace the faulty Ethernet cable with the new one then restart your Asus router and check if it works properly.
If you still found the Asus router not working issue then move to the next solutions.
Make sure your Asus router is not overheated:-
Whenever you shut down your Asus router and still face the router not working then it happens due to its overheating.
So, turned off your router and wait for few minutes and then turned it on. You can do it on a daily basis if you get that your Asus router is overheated.
Ensure about the IP conflict:-
When you get the Asus router not working issue then don’t forget to check your router and modem IP address. If both are the same then it is sure that IP addresses conflict with each other.
In this scenario, you have to replace the IP address. Follow the below steps:
- First of all, open a web browser and enter 168.1.1 and tap on the OK option.
- Now, provide a username and password and click on the login
- Then, navigate to the menu section and select the LAN
- Now, replace your Asus IP address with the 0.0.1 and subnet mask with the 255.0.0.0
- After that, tap on the Apply and OK option to save the changes.
- Now, restart your system and check if the error has been fixed successfully.
Check your Internet Connections Settings:-
Due to wrong Internet Connections Settings you also trouble with the Asus router not working issue. As we know, every IP provides different types of connections, as PPPoE, Dynamic, or static connections.
If you don’t have an idea about the internet Settings then you have to need to call your ISP and then confirm the settings:
- First of all, open the Asus router setup page.
- Now, navigate to the WAN Settings section and select the connection types which one you want.
- After that, provide internet information and click on the OK
- Now, restart your Asus router and check if the error has been resolved.
Update your Asus router Firmware with the latest version:-
If you work an outdated version of Firmware then you also get the Asus router not working. So, try to check for an update of Firmware to fix the issue.
If you get any available update then go to the Asus official website and download the latest version of Asus router Firmware and install it properly on your system. Follow the below steps to update the Firmware:
- At first, open the Asus router setup page.
- Now, navigate to the Administrator section and select the Firmware update
- After that, tap on the Update
- After updating, restart your Asus router and check if the error has been fixed successfully.
Clone the Mac address:-
Due to the device reorganization problems, you also get the Asus router not working issue.
You have to need to connect your Asus router with the computer via Ethernet cable and then clone the Mac address, to get your Asus router work properly.
After cloning the Mac address, restart your Asus router and check if the error has been resolved.
Factory restore the Asus router:-
If you still face the Asus router not working issue then the factory reset your Asus router to fix the issue.
After setting up your Asus router, restart it and check if the error has been fixed successfully.
Update your Wi-Fi Driver if Asus router 5g not working properly:-
- First of all, turned on your system.
- Now, from the home page of your system, right-click on the Computer icon.
- A list of options will be open, select properties option from there.
- Now, tap on the Device Manager
- Then, update the network or Wi-Fi driver.
- If the updated driver doesn’t work then you have to uninstall the existing driver.
- Once you delete it then reinstalls a new one Wi-Fi driver from the official website.
- After installation, make a connection to Wi-Fi.
- Now, restart our Asus router and check if the error has been fixed successfully.
In this blog, we discussed to fix the Asus router not working issue. I hope, it is helpful to you. If you have any doubts regarding this then call to our expert’s team to resolve them.