When it comes to e-commerce, Amazon is a big name. This company is available in many countries. To use the services of Amazon, users need to register to the Amazon using their email IDs. There are millions of products that are offered by Amazon. Users have relied on Amazon for many products. So, they find it a little bit risky when they want to change their email ID on the Amazon. We all enjoy this using Amazon but there may be reasons that can force us to change the email. If you are one such user who wants to change your email ID on Amazon, you are in the right place. Here, we will discuss every step in a proper manner to answer your question of How to change email on amazon.
Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open amazon on your web browser, and sign-in to your Amazon account using your email ID and the password.
- After you have successfully logged in to your Amazon account, click on the option where you see your name along with Hello. Then, you will be directed to a new screen.
- Now, click on the option Your Account.
- From the list of options, click on the option Login & Security Then, you will be directed to the login and Security section of your account.
- After you have entered the login & security page, locate the edit button on the screen. After you have found this option, click on this button.
- In this window, you will see your old email ID written somewhere. Click on your email ID then you will be able to edit your email ID.
- Type your new email ID and then enter the password of that email ID.
- Then you will be prompted to type some characters that appear on the screen. Type those characters in the required field.
- After completing this process, a new page will open on the screen where you will be told that your email ID has been changed successfully.
- Now, you will get all the notifications from Amazon on your new email ID.
These were the steps required to answer your question of how to change email on amazon. You can change the other details as well by following the same procedure. Just go to the account section and click on the detail that you want to change instead of the email ID.
Add some more security to your account:
We should always secure our account no matter which service we are using. Nowadays most of the online services support 2-step verification. This feature is available on Amazon too. You can enable this feature by following the steps mentioned below:
- Log in to your Amazon account using your browser and if you are using your phone do it using the amazon application.
- Once you are on your account page, click on the option Get started to Set up two-step
- Then you will be required to enter your primary phone number.
- You will receive the code on your phone. Enter that code on the amazon Then, click on Continue option after your code has been verified.
Now, add a back-up phone number and you can also decide how you want to receive the verification code (via text or voice call)
Note: You can make your password more secure by including characters and numerals along with symbols. Your password should be at least 8-12 characters long.
In this article, we have given every possible answer to your question of how to change email on amazon. In case, you are not able to do this even after following the steps mentioned above, feel free to contact us through our website and the other contact details provided below. We have a team of experts to solve all your issues related to PCs and phones. Our team is specialized in solving the issues related to email account.